Get In Touch
Services Update: 02/04/20
During this current unsettled time, please be aware of the following changes to our support hours and key services etc.
- ADMIN & OFFICE HOURS: Admin enquiries will be managed remotely Monday – Friday 9am-5pm on our normal number 01604 634385, and emails sent to email@example.com – this will be managed remotely by our admin staff.
- COUNSELLING: Self referrals for counselling are currently being accepted for remote support only / Monday-Friday between 11am and 5pm. This service is being delivered by our qualified counsellors.
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT: We’ve opened up a wellbeing support helpline on 01604 622223, which will be monitored between 1pm and 3:30pm Tuesday to Friday and Mondays 1:00 to 7:30pm. This will be managed by one of our counsellors who also supports the Crisis Café.
- WELLBEING: Wellbeing resources, videos/webinars are also on our dedicated web page: www.thelowdown.info/counselling/remote-wellbeing-support
- SEXUAL HEALTH: Sexual Health queries are being diverted to the hospital clinic and you can contact them on 01604 609766. NO walk-ins currently, but there is a small team in the clinic to provide telephone consultations for any STI symptoms or emergency contraception; these clients will be able to pick up their prescriptions. Testing kits orderable from: www.nhft.nhs.uk/sexual-health
- CONTRACEPTION: The C card system is being reinstated. Young people will be able to do C card training and then get free condoms from pharmacies (who will be extending their opening hours).
- LGBTQ: Remote support is available for group members Mon-Fri 10am-11am and 2pm-3pm on the usual group phone / email. Fri night remote group 6pm-9pm and 2 Wednesdays per month 6-8pm. There’s also a dedicated Instagram page where our young people’s creativity is shared @out_there_creations
- CRISIS CAFÉ: Will continue as normal every Monday 4pm-8pm at Café Track. From 06/04/20 we’ll also provide this service “virtually” as well as face-to-face.
SOMETHING ELSE? See our ‘more typical’ hours, contact info and address below!
Helpline: 01604 622223*
*Answer machine outside of hours
Telephone: 07585 737482
MONDAY 12-3pm | 4-7pm
WEDNESDAY 12-3pm | 4-7pm
SUNDAY | BANK HOLS Closed
How to find us:
3 Kingswell Street (off Gold St) Northampton, NN1 1PP
Just look out for the big red door!
the lowdown is based in the heart of Northampton town centre.
We are just 2 minutes easy walk from the Northgate bus station and approximately 5 minutes from Northampton railway station.