Help us to help young people
Your support is vital. Without it we wouldn’t be able to continue providing life-changing support to thousands of children and young adults within our community.
You can support us in a number of ways:
- Make a donation (one-off or monthly)
- Volunteer for the lowdown (look at our positions)
- Offer business sponsorship, or partner the lowdown
- Organise a fundraising event (get some ideas here)
- Gift us something we need (see below)
Fundraise or organise an event
As an individual, group, organisation or business
Fundraising activities supporting the lowdown have included:
- Abseiling | Art Auctions | Bag Packing | Business Team Activities
- Celebration Dinners | eBay Auctions | Eurovision Nights | Fashion Shows
- Golfing Days | London Marathon | Lowdown Legends | Mufty Days
- Night Walk (50km) | Y-Factor | Pub/Club Collections | Quizzes | Skydiving
What will you come up with?
You can organise your own event, or get involved with our upcoming events
Gift us something we need!
From toilet rolls to bread rolls and from tablets to pamphlets, the lowdown have a shopping list of items we need in order to operate day-in and day-out. You can help by gifting us any item from the list or donating to cover the cost.
Take a look at our shopping list below, choose what you want to gift and let us know – it’s as easy as that!
Join local businesses who’ve supported us
Your business can support us through
- Becoming a business partner
- Corporate sponsorship of new projects
- Donation of a team or staff members skills
- Donation of services or items from our shopping list
- Donating items for our raffle or auction events
We can help you to creatively meet your
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Staff Development, and
- Training Goals
- Using our youth panels to research or market-test new products or services
Please visit our business partnership page to find out more and get in touch to find out how we’ve helped other local businesses achieve these goals and support children and young adults within the community at the same time. It really is a win-win!
Become a friend of the lowdown
Keep in touch with what’s happening at the lowdown. Just drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you occasional updates on the lowdown news and events, and any exciting developments.
“A great charity supporting children and young people. Please #supportthelowdown“
The lovely Derren Brown, whose hypnotic wizardry and psychological prowess entertain and amaze millions of people, demonstrated his support by tweeting this birthday message to the lowdown.
– Writer, Presenter
“To all the delicious volunteers at the lowdown – memories of a fun evening…”
Writer, presenter and BBC MasterChef food critic Mr William Sitwell held ‘An Evening with William Sitwell’ as a fundraising event for the lowdown at Holdenby House.
He also kindly signed these books which he donated to us.
“The best Youth Counselling Service – a shining star in my home town xxx”
Alan Carr with the lowdown members at his book signing in Northampton.
Alan Carr grew up in Northampton and he knew about the lowdown and the essential services we offer. Alan pledged his support before signing a copy of his autobiography for us.