Get in touch
Services Update: 12th April 2021
We are currently working through our waiting list for face to face counselling, Once our waiting list has reduced we will resume accepting face to face referrals.
- COUNSELLING SERVICE: Referrals are currently being accepted for remote support only (face-to-face is on a discretionary basis). The service operates Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays 9am-4pm; Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-5pm and Wednesdays from 9am–8pm. We are closed on Sundays and Bank Holiday weekends.
- ALL ENQUIRIES: Will be managed remotely Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm as usual on 01604 634385. Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org will also be managed remotely by a member of our team.
- WELLBEING SESSIONS: We are now offering remote wellbeing sessions every Saturday between 1pm and 3pm and every Wednesday between 5pm and 7pm using either video call or telephone. To book your slot, please call us on 01604 634385. Further wellbeing information and tips to look after your mental health is accessible via this dedicated web page too.
- NEW LGBTQ+ DROP-IN: We now offer virtual or face-to-face drop-ins every Friday 4-7pm for LGBTQ+ young people and parents. Drop-in at the lowdown or contact 07585 737482 or email email@example.com for more information on how to join via Zoom or WhatsApp.
- LGBTQ: In addition, remote support is available for our Out There Youth group Fridays 7pm-8pm on the usual group phone/email. Out There Plus continues remotely on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 6pm-8pm.
- SEXUAL HEALTH: We are unable to offer sexual health support for the time being, however sexual health queries are being diverted to the hospital clinic and you can contact them on 01604 609766. There are no walk-ins currently, but there is a small team in the clinic to provide telephone consultations for any STI symptoms or emergency contraception; these clients will be able to pick up their prescriptions. Testing kits can be ordered via this link.
- CONTRACEPTION: The C card system is being reinstated. Young people will be able to do C card training and then get free condoms from pharmacies. Contact CHAT C CARD for more information on 07519 293410.
- NEW SUPPORT SERVICE: Espresso Yourself drop-ins continue at the lowdown Mondays & Fridays 4-8pm. During lockdown we’re not offering group activities or peer support but you can access 1:1 support with a support worker. This is for 11-18 year olds, their parents and carers. Drop in during open times or book an appointment 01604 634385 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us: 01604 634385*
Telephone: 07585 737482
Due to the Covid 19 Pandemic our opening times are subject to change. Please see above for counselling session times and remote and face-to-face drop-in times. All counselling sessions are booked in advance.
How to find us:
3 Kingswell Street (off Gold St) Northampton, NN1 1PP
Just look out for the big red door!
the lowdown is based in the heart of Northampton town centre.
We are just 2 minutes easy walk from the Northgate bus station and approximately 5 minutes from Northampton railway station.